Job title : Accounting Associate II
Client : Heavy Machine Manufacturing Company
Duration : 12 months
Location : Johnston IA 50131
Performs complex clerical accounting duties involving routine and non- routine calculations and analysis, reconciliations, verifications, and postings while ensuring accuracy and validity in the accounting processes. Requires limited work direction.
- Maintains and processes accounting transactions to assist with accurate financial reporting.
- Reconciles the more complex accounts, identifies discrepancies found, and provides the corrective action to be taken.
- Assists with month end close activities and preparing financial exhibits.
- Communicates with others within the department or outside of the work area (employees, customers, suppliers) in order to exchange information and to answer questions or resolve issues.
- The position is responsible for the incoming mail and ensuring all customer payments are properly deposited and accounted, preparing in-house checks for virtual remit to bank, preparing and posting Advance Lease Payments (ALP) including working with Lease group on proper application, processing rejected payments and work with business areas on how to handle incoming checks/payments.
- The position will also learn how to apply payments directly to customer’s accounts and other projects as needed.
- Once gained comfort with these tasks, expanded responsibilities to applying payments to customer’s accounts working suspense payments.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office plus intranet and internet
- Ability to use various department specific computer programs
- Reliability and self-motivation
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management skills
What makes you stand out:
- Experience with live checks
- Background in Accounting