A Career and Professional Development Camp for UCLA Students
Building your bright future begins at UCLA's Career Ready Bootcamp (CRB) - a two-day virtual professional and career development camp for UCLA undergraduate students. Increase your confidence in navigating your career journey and presenting yourself as a candidate for career-enhancing opportunities through participation in a series of interactive skill-building activities, peer-to-peer discussions, and in-depth training and feedback from mentors.
- Application Deadline: Sunday, November 8th at 11:55pm
- Program Dates: Saturday 1/9 – Sunday 1/10
- Participants are required to attend one mandatory orientation: Wednesday, 12/2, 4pm or Tuesday, 12/8, 4pm
- Guided self-assessment to understand how to leverage your unique strengths in pursuit of your career goals.
- Training, practice, and individualized feedback on your networking, and interviewing skills.
- Meaningful connections with your fellow Bruins, as well as mentors in various fields and industries, who will provide developmental support and insight.
- Guidance to develop a personalized Career Action Plan with defined goals and strategies.
- Ongoing career development support from the UCLA Career Center.
- Targeting sophomores and first year transfer students but open to all undergraduate students.
- Successful CRB participants are willing to take risks, engage in meaningful self-reflection, provide and receive constructive feedback, and share openly of themselves with their peers and alumni.
- All CRB candidates must commit to a 2-day virtual program beginning on Saturday, January 9th through Sunday, January 10th.
Attend one of our Information Sessions to learn more about the program and selection process:
Tuesday, October 27 | 3:00pm-4:00pm | Watch the Replay
Wednesday, November 4 | 3:00pm-4:00pm | Register
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testimonials from Past Career Ready Bootcamp Participants
“Networking with students, staff, and volunteers has been such a privilege. Learning interview tips, exercising social skills and all of the given advice has been so beneficial. Having time for self-reflection has definitely given me more guidance and confidence.”
“The Career Ready Bootcamp emphasized determination and confidence no matter what career someone seeks. It taught me to keep persevering and to talk to others in the field I am interested in.”
“It helped so much to create an action plan for this new year! So thankful to have been able to practice networking in such a safe space.”
“I learned about being in a professional setting and the right way to conduct myself. I also learned how to interview and what to say and what not to say. The most important thing I learned would be just to be yourself, we are all different and bring something great to the world."
“The Career Ready Bootcamp was an AMAZING experience. […] I learned more about my personality type which I can then transfer into interviews to show I know my strengths and weaknesses as well as applying these strengths to future job careers. The mock interview itself was beyond wonderful, I finally received feedback on how an interview went. I was never confident entering interviews and was told one major important thing when entering an interview, ‘Be Yourself!’”